I got my call sign VE6PDS in 1995. This was when my Dad, VE6HGS, started to get an interest in ham radio and needed my help to pass the exams. By the time we were both licensed, I had my Advanced as well.
I rejoined the community in 2016 and have been a volunteer and hobbyist with CARA (Calgary Amateur Radio Club) ever since.
I have been building expertise through friends in the community as well as using Professor Google. This was not available back in the 90’s.
Some Links to some useful sites are:
- KA7FTP ( Arduino based Sweep SWR meter. Example of a DIY project)
- G4FON.NET ( Morse Code Trainer)
- SCPhilips.com (Morse Code training and practice)
- m0ukd.com (good technical resource. J-pole/Slim Jim calculator)
- Dave Casler (W2AEW) Website Youtube.
- RadioHamGuy Youtube
- HamRadio360 Podcasts